Hey, everyone! I hope your ROW80 goals are coming along smoothly. I’m going to try to check out a bunch of blogs today, so I hope to see you around! This week was pretty good for me. I definitely improved from last week, although I still want to work on my consistency. Can’t complain, though!
- Read one of my writing books for at least a half an hour each day. Done! Some days are easier than others. I’m currently making my way through Writer’s Market: Guide to Getting Published (the 2012 edition). Sometimes it’s fascinating and I don’t want to put it down. Other times I struggle to get through the half hour. I’m going to switch this goal up a little bit and say that I need to research for half an hour each day. The internet is full of great information and I’ve already bookmarked some fabulous sites.
- Do a one hour writing sprint at least three times a week, working on the WIP. Done! This week I wrote 4,208 words, which brings my total for the last three weeks up to 15,757. I’m right at the climax of my story and I’m struggling. I think I need to read some books and watch some movies to devise how they make battle scenes interesting.
- Exercise for a half an hour each day. Done! This has gone really well this week, as I’ve made sure that I have exercised no matter how late it is or how tired I feel. I really like the feeling of giving myself no leeway and then accomplishing my goals. It makes everything worth it! I’m still not losing any weight (again – that’s fine) but one concern is how often I snack and what I snack on. I’m going to try to work on this in the coming week.
- Do at least one chapter of reading each night. Done! The book I’m reading is starting to get a lot more interesting. I haven’t had a lot of time to devote to it other than the necessary one chapter per night, but I’m less than 100 pages from the end now. I should be done soon!
- Blog at least three times a week, not including my ROW80 updates. Done! The week started out promising, and then I had to fit the last two blogs in at the last minute. Oh well, they got done! I’m going to take today to write up some more and get more ideas out there. I think being prepared is a big part of the reason why I’m not staying on a schedule.
So, this week was pretty good. I’m happy I did what I did, and I’m slowly trying to work on my consistency. I’ve also got three people reading my completed novel. My mom finished it yesterday. She liked it, but definitely had some pointers for me. I really tried to take them in stride, but I also have to remember that she isn’t a writer. Just because she wants something more from a character or a scene, doesn’t mean that’s what should happen. I’m not looking forward to revising again, but I know it is necessary. But that doesn’t mean I have to like it!