I didn’t get a whole lot done this week, but I’m excusing myself because I was out of town. Still, I managed to read quite a bit and pick up A LOT of new books. And there’s never any reason to complain about that!
- Write or edit every day. 1/7 I wrote just one day this week, and it was just a paragraph’s worth. But it’s a new idea I was toying around with, and I decided to start in on the opening scene.
- Read every day. 4/7 I’ve made my way through Paradise Lost a little bit more, but I still can’t say I’m enjoying it. Gameboard of the Gods is being set aside right now, as I’m making my way through Jessica Therrien’s new book Uprising.
- Exercise three times a week. 3/3 Three days doing nothing but walking around New York City. Yeah, that’s counting as my exercise this week.
- Finish up my last short story for my collection. Didn’t have time to work on this at all this week, but I’ve been trying to think of the direction I want to go in.
- Update my contests doc. Nope.
List of Awesome
- I went to NYC and survived! Also, Book Expo America was FREAKING AMAZING. Can’t wait to tell you guys all about it.
- I’m afraid I don’t have more news because I was AFK for the past few days and everything awesome that happened can pretty much be summed up in the first point!
Points and Words
Each of my main goals gets FIVE POINTS. Bonus goals get TEN POINTS if they’re completed.
- Week 1 – 15 points
- Week 2 – 60 points
- Week 3 – 85 points
- Week 4 – 35 points
- Week 5 – 35 points
- Week 6 – 55 points
- Week 7 – 75 points
- Week 8 – 25 points
- Week 9 – 40 points
This week I wrote:
- Week 1 – 0 words
- Week 2 – 1,188 words
- Week 3 – 2,509 words
- Week 4 – 0 words
- Week 5 – 0 words
- Week 6 – 1,815 words
- Week 7 – 1820 words
- Week 8 – 781 words
- Week 9 – 50 words
Total words written in round 2: 8,163 words
Total words for the year: 65,677 words written since January 1, 2013
Have you guys ever been to NYC? What’s your favorite thing there?