It’s going to look like I really got nothing done, but I felt like I was so busy this week! Between critiques I had to finish up and a lot of Hypable work, I didn’t get to many of my goals. Even so, I did a lot of writing (which is always a plus, no matter what it’s for) and finally started to get back into one of my stories again.
I’m happy with how this week went and wouldn’t even mind if next week looked similar. Check out the last section for a bunch of cool things to read and expect soon on the blog.
These are the daily goals that won’t change throughout the round.
- Exercise for half an hour each day, five days a week. 0/5 HOWEVER, I went to the state fair AND went on a mushroom foray. So, technically, I walked around for hours each day. It probably counts as a 5/5. Or that’s what I’m telling myself at least. 😉
- Edit or write every day. 2/7 I only worked on my story twice, even though I did end up writing something every day. When I did work on my story, I tried to write as much as possible. I’m not totally happy with how it’s coming out, but right now I’m just trying to get the story out of my head. I can fine tune it in the editing process.
- Read one chapter every day. 1/7 I want to finish this up by the end of the month (this coming week), so if it’s not done by the next check-in, you have my permission to yell at me!
These are the goals that will change from week to week.
- Edit story #2 in my collection. Haven’t even looked at these in a couple of weeks. My focus has shifted toward another project for now.
- Pick one contest or one magazine I’d like to participate in for this month. Done. I chose an e-magazine to submit one of my better horror stories. I’m going to wait until I get to editing this story before I do anything more with this goal.
I like knowing what I want to accomplish over the course of this round, as that will help determine what my weekly goals will be.
- Finish The End, my horror collection. Get some beta readers. This is 100% complete and now just needs to be edited again (and again, and again, and again…).
- Begin editing Lifetimes, the novel I’m focusing on right now. 0% One beta reader finished and the other is getting close. Soon!
- Enter at least one competition or submit at least one article to a magazine. 0% Getting closer to achieving this goal! I have my magazine picked out. Now I need to edit, edit, edit!
- Read at least four books this month. 75% I have another week to meet this goal, and I’m right on track for doing so.
These are things that don’t warrant a full post, but are definitely items I’d like you to check out if you’re interested.
- Check out my latest column for Hypable, titled “Seven things we’d love to see in a Norse mythology series by Rick Riordan.”
- I reached (and passed!) 10,000 views on this blog. WHOA.
- I went to the state fair and saw Karmin again. (What!? Don’t look at me like that.) It was super fun and I’ll have a blog post for you about the fair in general next Friday.
- I went on another mushroom foray. This one was even better than the last two combined! You know I can’t resist blogging about that too, so keep an eye out.
- I wrote some more news posts for Hypable. One that I think you guys might be interested is this one – “Mark of Athena character art: Nemesis revealed.”
- Yesterday Hypable held a live watch party for everyone who wanted to talk about The Hunger Games as they viewed it. It was really fun and we plan on doing more of them! If you’re at all interested in something like this, let me know and I’ll be sure to remind you when the next one goes down.