Welcome, welcome to my check-in! (Did anyone else read that in Effie’s voice?) This week sort of kicked my butt, but I’m still happy with what I got done. Let’s get right into it:
- Exercise for half an hour each day, five days a week. Incomplete. I was good on Monday and Tuesday, but I was too busy on Wednesday. And then when Thursday came around, I didn’t feel like exercising. On Friday, for some weird reason, by left knee hurt and I didn’t want to risk running. Saturday I didn’t even attempt to get in an extra half hour. And right now I’m eating a doughnut for breakfast. *sigh* On the up side, I didn’t gain any weight this past week (though, I didn’t lose any either). Next week will be better!
- Each Sunday, visit Writer’s Market for at least half an hour. Complete! Even though I’m only doing this for half an hour each week, it still gets fairly overwhelming by the time I reach the end of my time. I just don’t get it. I don’t really understand what I’m looking at most of the time. Plus, since the first thing I want to query is a short story collection, I don’t understand how that would differentiate (in format) from novel submissions. If anyone has any resources or tips, I’d love to hear them!
- Write every day. Complete! I knocked this one out of the park, you guys. More on that down below.
- Read every day. Incomplete. I just missed Friday and Saturday, so not a huge deal. Going to try to push ahead next week and knock out a big chunk of this book that I’m reviewing for a fellow writer.
- Finish my Cinderella story. Complete! I finished it and I thought it turned out great. I even sent it to my BFF (which is who I wrote it for) and she loved it. I’m planning more in this series, but I think I’m going to put it on the back burner right now. I want to concentrate on my horror collection so I can get it ready for querying. With that said, my next goal was going to finish “Trigger”…but I already did! I knocked two short stories out this week, which is awesome. I think my next goal is going to be: Decide what the last story in my horror collection is going to be and start writing it. I’ve got nine completed so far, but I’m not sure if they’re all going to make the cut. We’ll see!
Some other things going on:
- I’m starting to realize what the big deal about Firefly is. I’m halfway through the season and I’m really starting to get into it. The characters are just so amazing! I love them all (almost).
- Check this completely awesome top 10 list of Doctor Who monsters that one of the writers from Hypable put together. If you saw my Who post last week, you would know that I totally agree with Harri’s #1 choice!
- Lastly, if you’re still on the fence about seeing The Avengers, make sure you check out this review. I think it’ll change your mind!
What about you guys? Anything interesting going on? Any cool links to share?