Well, I did have a nice little mash-up of things to talk about today, but a good portion of them fell by the wayside. It was out of my hands, unfortunately. But, you can check out the carnage below.
First, we’ve got Clay’s March Movie Madness coming around for its second birthday. This tournament was a first come, first served basis in which we picked our favorite movie heroes. Clay randomly matched them up and EVERYONE gets to vote. My heroine was Beatrix Kiddo from Kill Bill and she was slaughtered by none other than…Belle from Beauty and the Beast? *checks fact sheet* Yep, that’s definitely right. Belle beat out my character and gets to go onto round two.
So, I was going to go beg you all to vote for Beatrix, but I guess that’s out now. Instead, I’ll just ask you to head on over to Clay’s site tomorrow (Tuesday) and vote for anyone you want to. There’s a lot of MyWANA and ROWers in the tourney, so it’s going to be quite an interesting matchup where we see where everyone’s loyalties lie. You can check out the slander and bribery on Twitter using the hashtag #MMM2.
(I’m already planning for next year, by the way.)
Secondly, I was going to beg you guys to vote for Kait Nolan’s book Red in the DABWAHA book contest. She’s pretty awesome, and her book sounds amazing. I haven’t read it yet, but I’ve heard great things about it. (It’s on my list, Kait!) The reason I said was is because she was beat out by Veronica Roth’s Divergent. Kait was the only Indie in the field, though, so that’s something to be proud about! We even pulled ahead for a solid half hour. But, no worries. She made it to the second round and even that is an accomplishment to be proud of.
(So, what does that say about me and Beatrix? *sniffle*)
Lastly, I’ve got something that was not affected by this bad luck streak we seemed to be having around here the past few days: being tagged by Marji! You can see which questions she got and how she answered them here. These are my answers to her questions:
1. Book or movie and why? ALWAYS the book. I’m a huge film buff, but I still prefer the book over the movie in every way. Nothing can compare to the original story in the original way it was told (with words).
2. Real book or e-book? REAL BOOK. I’m getting into the whole e-book thing, but physical books make me happy in ways that an e-book can’t. I literally start feeling depressed if I go too long without reading a book in which I can turn the pages.
3. Funniest thing you’ve done in the last 5 years? Gosh! This is the hardest question on the list. You’d think I’d be able to think of something. Umm… How about the funniest thing I’ve seen? (That sort of counts as “doing,” right?) I saw Gabriel Iglesias perform in my hometown. That man is HILARIOUS.
4. How would your best friend describe you? “Crazy.” Pretty sure that would be her first choice. Yeah. Definitely “crazy.”
5. Do you put yourself into the books you read/write or the movies you watch? Yes, all the time. I find this especially true with books. My heart physically aches, I feel scared, I feel happy, I laugh, I cry. The same is true with movies. There’s no point experiencing either if you’re not going to commit yourself.
6. Favorite kind of car and why? A mustang. Preferably a neon green one. I just love the look of mustangs. I wish I could get more technical than that, but I do not know anything about cars. And bright green is my favorite color.
7. Would your choice of party be a catered meal or barbecue out back? Barbecue for sure. Nothing compares to a home cooked meal. I’ve got some pretty talented people in my family, so I’d make them cook for me!
8. What’s your favorite season and why? Summer. I love the warmth, the sun, the fun that you can have. Winter makes me want to hibernate. Summertime makes me feel alive!
9. What specific lesson have you learned – Spiritual, educational, occupational? That I am capable of anything. And no, that’s not bragging. Sometimes my days can be overrun with worry and fear and panic. On those days I just have to sit back and remember everything I’ve already accomplished. I am an amazing person, and I can do anything when I set my mind to it. (And you guys can too!)
10. Besides writing, what’s your favorite thing to do when you get some extra time? Reading is high on the list. I love watching movies or making origami. I’m not a super creative person, but I try really, really hard. That counts, right?
11. What’s one place you can be found at least one time every week? My best friend’s house. I’m pretty sure we were separated at birth. Our parents just aren’t admitting to it yet.
So now I get to pick 11 other people and ask each of them to answer 11 questions. You don’t have to participate, but I think it would be really interesting!!
1. Fabio Bueno
3. Julie Glover
4. Debra Kristi
10. Patricia Sands
11. Stacy Green
And here are your questions:
1. What book or series can you read over and over again without getting bored?
2. If you decided not to be a writer, what would your other dream job be?
3. What is the scariest thing you’ve ever done in your life?
4. If there was one fad that you could bring back from when you were a kid, what would it be?
5. Who is the one person that has singlehandedly inspired you the most in your life?
6. If you could take a trip to any foreign country RIGHT NOW, which one would you choose?
7. What is one talent that you’re hopeless at, but you wish you had?
8. What TV show are you most addicted to?
9. If you were stuck on a deserted island, name three objects and three people you would want with you.
10. If you could be any animal, what would you be?
11. What is one trait or physical characteristic that you are proud of/love about yourself?
(Anyone else – feel free to answer them in the comments if you want!!)