These are the daily goals that won’t change throughout the round.
- Exercise for half an hour each day, five days a week. 5/5 I’ve taken advice from some of you guys from last week. Instead of running in five minute increments, I’ve tried stepping it up a few minutes here and there. Instead of running for a total of 15 minutes, I’ve been fluctuating between 18 and 19 minutes. It doesn’t seem like much, but that extra amount has proven to be challenging, which is what I need at this point. Weight loss is on track and I’m happy with my results.
- Edit or write every day. 7/7 I’ve been editing all this week. It’s going slowly, but it’s been extremely helpful. I’ve been writing a lot in the last few months, so it’s nice to be editing again.
- Read one chapter every day. 7/7 I’ve been reading far more than just a single chapter each day, and it’s been nice to finally get back into reading seriously again.
These are the goals that will change from week to week.
- Edit story #1 in my collection. Done. The overhaul was definitely needed for this and I’m happy with the results. The next goal is to edit story #2 in my collection.
- Pick one contest or one magazine I’d like to participate in for this month. Done. I chose an e-magazine to submit one of my better horror stories. I’m going to wait until I get to editing this story before I do anything more with this goal.
I like knowing what I want to accomplish over the course of this round, as that will help determine what my weekly goals will be.
- Finish The End, my horror collection. Get some beta readers. This is 100% complete and now just needs to be edited again (and again, and again, and again…).
- Begin editing Lifetimes, the novel I’m focusing on right now. 0% I’m waiting until my beta readers get back to me, then I’m jumping into this one head first!
- Enter at least one competition or submit at least one article to a magazine. 0% Getting closer to achieving this goal! I have my magazine picked out. Now I need to edit, edit, edit!
- Read at least four books this month. 100% I’ve read Marty Boggs and the Curse of Kutkara, as well as all three Noble Intentions book (more about them below).
These are things that don’t warrant a full post, but are definitely items I’d like you to check out if you’re interested.
- My friend just published his third novella in his Noble Intentions series. The books are about an assassin/spy named Jack Noble. I’ve read all three of these books (and I’m named editor on the third one!) and they’re fantastic. They’re fast paced, action-packed novellas. Quick reads and definitely enjoyable. The author likens it to Jack Reacher, John Rain, and Jason Bourne. They’re on sale now at Amazon for only $0.99! He’s even got a Facebook page here.
- Remember that surprise I was teasing for a while? I am officially a columnist for Hypable! I wrote my first article about Percy Jackson. My column is bi-monthly, so look for the next one in a couple of weeks – it’s going to be about Teen Wolf.
- I have another surprise in the works. If all goes to plan today, then I’ll be able to announce it next week! I’m sure a few of you will really enjoy it.