I’ve been doing some honest-to-goodness writing this week. Not tons of writing, mind you, but enough that it feels like I’m actually creating again. I do a lot of writing outside of my own projects – Hypable certainly keeps me busy – but journalistic writing certainly doesn’t give you the same high as creative writing does. (Well, it doesn’t for me, at least.)
- Write or edit every day. 4/7 This is the best I’ve done in quite a while, and I’m very happy with the outcome. I completely scrapped my latest short story and started over – and the story has benefited immensely from that. It’s almost done, too!
- Read every day. 4/7 I’m reading Moby Dick right now, and if you’ve been following me on Twitter, you know I’m not really feeling it. But I will press on! Maybe it’ll get better.
- Exercise three times a week. 1/3 I had a very intense workout on Friday, so I’m okay with just the one this week. I really want to get back into making this part of my routine, almost automatic, each day. It’s just been hard.
- Rewrite one of my short stories. Still working on this. I’m going slow because I want this to turn out right.
- Think up a concept for another short story. I’ve been throwing a couple things around lately, but nothing solid has emerged yet.
- Update my contests doc. *sigh* I wonder if I’ll EVER get around to this.
List of Awesome
- I’m officially all set for BEA, yay! I’ll talk more about that later, closer to the date.
- I forgot to mention this last week, but I got a new author photo. I like this one a lot better. What do you guys think??
- I managed to nearly write 1,000 words on Thursday. That’s the most I’ve written in a while!
- If you like the show Once Upon a Time, I wrote this fun column about the cliffhangers we DON’T want to see in the season 2 finale.
Points and Words
Each of my main goals gets FIVE POINTS. Bonus goals get TEN POINTS if they’re completed.
- Week 1 – 15 points
- Week 2 – 60 points
- Week 3 – 85 points
- Week 4 – 35 points
- Week 5 – 35 points
- Week 6 – 55 points
This week I wrote:
- Week 1 – 0 words
- Week 2 – 1,188 words
- Week 3 – 2,509 words
- Week 4 – 0 words
- Week 5 – 0 words
- Week 6 – 1,815 words
Total words written in round 2: 5,512 words
Total words for the year: 67,911 words written since January 1, 2013
What have you guys been working on lately? Poems? Short stories? Novels? Share away!