I feel the need to preface this with the fact that this is not a sarcastic article. There were a few things I really loved during the VMAs, and I’m not going to mention that other stuff that happened because it’s been done to death over the past few days. Just go to Tumblr if you want to laugh at pictures like this.
1. Lady Gaga’s performance. I’ve liked Lady Gaga for a long time. I’ve liked most of her performances even though they’re over the top and sometimes actually quite frightening. Despite some crazy eyes in the beginning, I really enjoyed her performance at the 2013 VMAs. It was well done, with some seamless outfit changes. Plus it was just really nice to see her back in her “Poker Face” wig.
2. Macklemore performing “Same Love.” This song is just incredible. I love the message it carries, and I love everything that Macklemore did when he was on stage. He deserved to win that award for Best Video with a Social Message.
3. Lady Gaga gives a pep talk to One Direction. I don’t know a whole lot about 1D, but I’m getting to the point where a few of my friends just won’t let me ignore them anymore. Still, I feel horrible they were booed at when they accepted their award for Best Song of the Summer. But Gaga gave them an amazing pep talk afterwards. Love her.
4. NSync reunited on stage. I’m sad that it was about 10 minutes of Justin Timberlake and 30 seconds of NSync, but it was still nice to see the boys back together again. I hope the response they got for the reunion at the VMAs gets their attentions and makes them realize that tons of people would be invested if they did a reunion tour. Because I would be there in a heartbeat.
5. Eminem announces his new album. I AM ACTUALLY INCAPABLE OF TALKING ABOUT THIS WITHOUT USING CAPSLOCK, SO I’M JUST GOING TO SHOW YOU THE VIDEO NOW.
What were the highlights of the VMAs for you? (If you watched, that is. I wouldn’t blame you if you didn’t.)