*sneaks in the back door*
Oh, yes. Hi! What was that? Late? Me!? Never! I’ve been here the whole time. *shifty eyes*
The list is short and sweet, but it’s also mandatory. I’m keeping it easy, manageable, and attainable this round. I have to get back to what’s important for me as a writer.
- Write or edit every day. 2/7 I edited a bit last Sunday and then wrote a bit on the following Saturday. Haven’t had much time for this, which is sad because it really is my main goal. This week is proving to be one of my hardest in terms of trying to balance everything, so if I can just get through this, I should have more time to write soon.
- Read every day. 6/7 I’m about halfway through Divergent, and it’s a really exciting book. Haven’t had a whole lot of time to read the last few days, and it looks like that pattern might continue into this week. But I still hope to have this book at least mostly done by next weekend!
These are goals I hope to accomplish this week. They aren’t mandatory, but if I have time I should attempt them. They can be anything from exercising to finishing a certain story to organizing my desk. This week I’ve decided on these:
- Continue writing about the backstory of my MC’s parents. This is done. I think I’ve got it all sorted, and after writing this I came up with some more plot points that are very exciting. My next goal is flesh out the outline for book one.
- Finish updating chapter 3, and edit chapter 4 of Lifetimes. I finished updating chapter 3, but I still have to do chapter 4.
- Update my contests doc. Didn’t even touch it this week. Although, I did move all the e-mails into one folder in my inbox so they were easier to access. Baby steps!
List of Awesome:
This is the list of things I’ve accomplished that don’t really have anything to do with ROW80 or the goals above. It’ll probably be mostly about Hypable and the things I’ve done over there, but I like sharing pictures and random things that are happening in my life. (The people, not the presents. Although I like them too!) Everyone is always welcome to drop their own list of awesome in the comments below. I love reading them!
- This is my 200th post! Wahooo!
- I got some early Christmas presents from some of the people I’ve met because of Hypable, and they’re all amazing. I feel totally and completely blessed that they’re a part of my life. I can’t even begin to tell you how incredibly lucky I feel.
- I got all my Christmas shopping done in ONE DAY. I’m pretty sure that’s a new record.
- I got a new client whose books I’m going to be editing. Very much looking forward to working with him!
- My latest Teefury shirt came in the mail today. I now officially have a nerdy Harry Potter shirt to wear. Yes!
I get 5 points for every main goal I complete, and 1 point for every bonus goal.
Week 1: 25
Week 2: 15
Week 3: 15
Week 4: 26
Week 5: 17
Week 6: 38
Week 7: 40
Week 8: 50
Week 9: 37
Week 10: 51
Week 11: 41
Down a bit, but still going strong. And it’s nearing the end too!
How’s your Holiday shopping going??