ROW80 is really winding down, as is the end of 2012. Can you believe that the year of 2013 is only a few weeks away? I sure can’t! I’m excited though because if next year is anything like this year, I know it’s going to be a good one.
The list is short and sweet, but it’s also mandatory. I’m keeping it easy, manageable, and attainable this round. I have to get back to what’s important for me as a writer.
- Write or edit every day. 3/7 I promised myself I had to get in three days this week since I’ve been doing only two days the last few weeks. I got it in under the wire, but I definitely got it in! I wrote for all three of those days and edited on one.
- Read every day. 7/7 This is getting easier and easier, especially as I find tons of great books to read. I finished Warm Bodies and also read One Fire, which is a novel based off of the show Teen Wolf. Neither one was quite up to my expectations, but I did enjoy Warm Bodies a lot. Now I’m reading Divergent!
These are goals I hope to accomplish this week. They aren’t mandatory, but if I have time I should attempt them. They can be anything from exercising to finishing a certain story to organizing my desk. This week I’ve decided on these:
- Continue writing about the backstory of my MC’s parents. I actually didn’t do this because I was busy writing the actual story. This backstory doesn’t come into play until a little later on, so I’m not worried about getting it done first. I think I’m going to switch between doing this and writing the story whenever I get stuck on the other one.
- Work on the tone/add details into chapters 1-3, and finish up chapter 4. I finished chapter 2 yesterday, and I think I have the tone and extra details on track now. I’m tweaking this goal so it reads finish updating chapter 3, and edit chapter 4.
- Keep up with my Facebook page on a daily basis. I’m getting much, much better at this! I’m slowly starting to use it as a place to sort of just write about my projects and talk more about writing in general. It seems to be going well so far. My last goal is going to be to update my contests doc, which is where I keep a list of contests and opportunities that I’m interested in. It desperately needs an overhaul.
List of Awesome:
This is the list of things I’ve accomplished that don’t really have anything to do with ROW80 or the goals above. It’ll probably be mostly about Hypable and the things I’ve done over there, but I like sharing pictures and random things that are happening in my life. Everyone is always welcome to drop their own list of awesome in the comments below. I love reading them!
- The latest episode of Not Another Teen Wolf Podcast is out! This one is called, “Dude, That Was Really Morally Questionable.”
- At work, I cleaned up my desk and cleared ALL the unnecessary stuff off of it. If you had ANY idea how big of a deal this is, you’d be jumping up and down for me right now. That thing was its own natural disaster.
- This past week or two has been a whirlwind of freelance editing jobs, and even though it’s made my life super hectic, I can’t complain. It’s allowing me to have a little extra money to stick in my savings account so I can do some of the things I’ve always wanted to do. Like go to SDCC in California, or buy a CAR, or maybe – maybe – go visit one of my really good friends in Argentina.
I get 5 points for every main goal I complete, and 1 point for every bonus goal.
Week 1: 25
Week 2: 15
Week 3: 15
Week 4: 26
Week 5: 17
Week 6: 38
Week 7: 40
Week 8: 50
WEEK 9: 37
Week 10: 51
Will you look at that! A new record.
What’s on your bucket list for next year? Have any dream destinations for the summer?