This past week was wonderful. Thanksgiving was on Thursday, and my mom and I spent most of the weekend in New Jersey with the relatives. My family is completely obnoxious and dysfunctional and hilarious and insane. And I love them all so much.
It was interesting to say the least. But the best part is that I actually got a lot done this week too!
The list is short and sweet, but it’s also mandatory. I’m keeping it easy, manageable, and attainable this round. I have to get back to what’s important for me as a writer.
- Write or edit every day. 4/7 I wrote all four days and edited on one of the days in addition to that. I’m working on two projects at once, which is nice because it allows me to hop between editing and writing easily, depending on my mood.
- Read every day. 6/7 I’m closing in on the end of the The Casual Vacancy and it’s going well. Hopefully I’ll have it done this coming week. I’m also simultaneously reading a Harry Potter fan-fiction called The Shoebox Project that a friend recommended to me, and that’s going great too.
These are goals I hope to accomplish this week. They aren’t mandatory, but if I have time I should attempt them. They can be anything from exercising to finishing a certain story to organizing my desk. This week I’ve decided on these:
- Take my latest beta reader feedback and update my short story collection. Didn’t even look at it yet. I’d like to go through at least one story this coming week.
- Work on the tone/add details into chapters 1-3, and finish up chapter 4. I got through chapter 1, but haven’t worked any farther. I’m happy with how it’s coming along though, so I’m excited to keep working on it.
- Keep up with my Facebook page on a daily basis. This is getting better, but not quite good enough to take off the to-do list.
List of Awesome:
This is the list of things I’ve accomplished that don’t really have anything to do with ROW80 or the goals above. It’ll probably be mostly about Hypable and the things I’ve done over there, but I like sharing pictures and random things that are happening in my life. Everyone is always welcome to drop their own list of awesome in the comments below. I love reading them!
- I co-wrote a column with another Hypable writer: ‘Life of Pi’ hits theaters today: Take a look at 6 other films where animals have inspired us. I chose the last three: Rataouille, Narnia, and Tarzan!
- I slipped into a nice warm and toasty food coma over the weekend. No regrets there.
- I’m working with a friend of mine to begin designing covers for my projects and maybe even do some branding stuff. Very exciting!
- I’ve become obsessed with the trailers for Warm Bodies and The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones and I can’t stop watching them. They look so good!
I get 5 points for every main goal I complete, and 1 point for every bonus goal.
Week 1: 25
Week 2: 15
Week 3: 15
Week 4: 26
Week 5: 17
Week 6: 38
Week 7: 40
Week 8: 50
All that reading and writing is really propelling me forward! Can’t wait to see if next week will be even better.
Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. And if you’re not from around these parts…I hope you had a great weekend regardless!