Also wanted to thank everyone who answered my question from last week about how I should go about editing my MS. I think I’ve decided to meet somewhere in the middle and do a small chunk of several chapters at a time. Right now, I have to work on the tone of those first few chapters, so I need to pause where I am (just finished chapter 3) and go back and fix that.
The list is short and sweet, but it’s also mandatory. I’m keeping it easy, manageable, and attainable this round. I have to get back to what’s important for me as a writer.
- Write or edit every day. 1/7 Just one day of editing this week, but I got a whole chapter done. No writing in terms of my own stuff, but I did quite a few news articles and columns, so it’s not like I was slacking!
- Read every day. 7/7 Blew this one out of the water! I’m already 150+ pages into The Casual Vacancy and I’m actually enjoying it (I’ve heard a lot of opinions to the contrary so I was expecting the worst). Regardless of the plot (or lack thereof), the writing is just stunning.
These are goals I hope to accomplish this week. They aren’t mandatory, but if I have time I should attempt them. They can be anything from exercising to finishing a certain story to organizing my desk. This week I’ve decided on these:
- Take my latest beta reader feedback and update my short story collection. Nope. Didn’t even have a chance.
- Finish editing chapters 3 and 4. Got chapter 3 done, but I need to go back. This week I want to work on the tone/add details into chapters 1-3, and finish up chapter 4.
- Keep up with my Facebook page on a daily basis. Yeah, this didn’t go according to plan. Keeping this one here for this week too!
List of Awesome:
This is the list of things I’ve accomplished that don’t really have anything to do with ROW80 or the goals above. It’ll probably be mostly about Hypable and the things I’ve done over there, but I like sharing pictures and random things that are happening in my life. Everyone is always welcome to drop their own list of awesome in the comments below. I love reading them!
- I wrote two columns on Hypable this week. The first one was about the similarities and differences between Teen Wolf the 1980s movie and Teen Wolf the TV show. The second one was titled: “Twilight transformations: How the trio has changed.” This one has an amazing full page design. I worked closely with our main graphic designer and we teamworked this into something awesome!
- I turned 24 on Thursday and have basically been enjoying a whole 4 day weekend of celebrations with family and friends.
- When I went out to dinner with my dad at a Chinese restaurant, I tried so many new things! Liked most of them, including frog’s legs!
- A new Onceable came out this week! We talk about episode 2×07 of Once Upon a Time, “Child of the Moon.”
- Another beta reader got back to me about my short story collection. More positive feedback!
- Andrew, who co-owns Hypable, told us the other day that in one month’s time, Hypable hit ONE MILLION unique visitors to the site. I’m simultaneously terrified and thrilled at this news. Either way, I’m so invested in what we’re doing. I believe in Hypable so much, you guys!
- Speaking of Hypable, I got my good friend Alex on the team. She’s going to be a graphic designer. It’s so exciting!!
I get 5 points for every main goal I complete, and 1 point for every bonus goal.
Week 1: 25
Week 2: 15
Week 3: 15
Week 4: 26
Week 5: 17
Week 6: 38
Week 7: 40
Whooo, another high score!
Who’s ready for Thanksgiving? I need some turkey sandwiches!!!