October is gone
Halloween is over
Birthdays are upon us
It’s now November!
Well, that came out of nowhere. It’s true though! Halloween has come and gone and even though mine was kind of lackluster, there’s no denying that the candy was good. I’m sitting here eating puppy chow for breakfast (and not feeling guilty!), thinking about all the birthdays that are coming up this month – including mine!
And then it’ll be December
And then it’ll be January. Which means it’ll be 2013!
Unless, of course, the word ends on 12/21.
Anyway, I suppose you’re here to see if I’ve been good this past week. Well, not so much. But I have good excuses! The paying jobs kept me busy all week and, well, those take priority over the non-paying ones, unfortunately.
The list is short and sweet, but it’s also mandatory. I’m keeping it easy, manageable, and attainable this round. I have to get back to what’s important for me as a writer.
- Write or edit every day. 2/7 I edited one day and wrote the other day. The editing on the first chapter of my novel is going well. I see lots of red, and that’s always a good thing in my book. Yesterday I began writing up a detailed outline of another idea I had, just to get it out of my head.
- Read every day. 1/7 I wish I could read before I go to bed, but every time I’m about to hit the sack, I’m so tired I fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow!
These are goals I hope to accomplish this week. They aren’t mandatory, but if I have time I should attempt them. They can be anything from exercising to finishing a certain story to organizing my desk. This week I’ve decided on these:
- Plan out three blog posts for next week so I’m prepared. Funny story: I had a third blog written but literally had not even a second to spare to put it up on Friday. I suppose I’ll just have to save it for next week! I’m definitely getting better at this goal, though.
- Begin editing my novel. Did this! Next goal is to finish editing chapter 1 and edit all of chapter 2. Pretty sure I can do it. I’m making today a writing day, focusing on MY stuff.
- Visit three ROW80 blogs and comment. Did it! Woot, woot! My inbox is back down to a manageable number too. Hopefully I can stay on top of it. I really do love reading everyone’s blogs and it makes me sad when I don’t have time to do it. My new goal is to hop back on the Triberr train. I haven’t done this in so long, I hope my Triberr buddies aren’t mad at me.
List of Awesome:
This is the list of things I’ve accomplished that don’t really have anything to do with ROW80 or the goals above. It’ll probably be mostly about Hypable and the things I’ve done over there, but I like sharing pictures and random things that are happening in my life. Everyone is always welcome to drop their own list of awesome in the comments below. I love reading them!
- As stated above, I made puppy chow for Halloween! It was my first time and even though I think I used the wrong type of chex mix, it came out pretty awesome.
- Starkid’s Apocalyptour DVD released on Thursday and I ordered that sucker as soon as it went live. Here’s to hoping I get it Monday or Tuesday so I can relive my experience of seeing that show when I saw it over the summer.
- I carved a pumpkin yesterday! Better late than never, right? I let my nerdy side shine and here’s what he looks like: And if my artistry skills are too great for you and you have no idea what it is, it’s supposed to be the mushroom from Mario. (I wanted to take a picture of it with a candle inside, but I can’t find a lighter or matches. Ugh.)
- My BFF’s mom was going through her mother’s old jewelry and was asking me what would be good to keep, sell, or give away (since that’s pretty much what my day job entails, so apparently I’m the expert). I spotted this necklace and she let me have it! It has Artemis on it carrying a bow, with one of her hunting dogs beside her. I think it’s my new favorite piece of jewelry.
I get 5 points for every main goal I complete, and 1 point for every bonus goal.
Week 1: 25
Week 2: 15
Week 3: 15
Week 4: 26
Week 5: 17
Not too bad for this week, considering I had about two days to actually work on my own things. Next week will be better, though. I can feel it in my bones!
Did you do anything fun for Halloween?