Life got in the way on Friday. Someone very close to me sort of…went off the grid for a few hours. It was a horrible feeling – that gut wrenching, panic inducing, heart pounding terror that occurs when you realize you might never see someone again.
Needless to say, I didn’t bother thinking about ROW80.
Everything is settled now. Everyone is fine. No damage was done, actually, and we’re all in good spirits again. I’ll be back on track for next week. I’ll just try for a perfect round some other time. Surprisingly (or maybe not so surprisingly), I’m not all that upset about it.
Here’s what I did happen to get done:
These are the daily goals that won’t change throughout the round.
- Exercise for half an hour each day, five days a week. 3/5 Thursdays are so hard for me. You’d think it’d be Wednesdays, but Thursdays are when I get restless. Lately I haven’t had too much of an issue with it, but this week I just watched the Olympics instead. I was going to make it up on Saturday, but with everything that went on, I didn’t bother. Also, I ate a lot of junk food. After a month without anything bad in my system, it made me feel kind of ill. But I needed it. I had too much stress for anything less than a pint of Ben & Jerry’s Cherry Garcia ice cream.
- Edit or write every day. 3/7 I’m nearly finished editing my next story, and I should be able to wrap it up this week.
- Read one chapter every day. 3/7 Started a brand new book which seems promising. It’s pretty big, so it’ll probably take me a week or two to get through it.
These are the goals that will change from week to week.
- Edit story #2 in my collection. Still working on this.
- Pick one contest or one magazine I’d like to participate in for this month. Done. I chose an e-magazine to submit one of my better horror stories. I’m going to wait until I get to editing this story before I do anything more with this goal.
I like knowing what I want to accomplish over the course of this round, as that will help determine what my weekly goals will be.
- Finish The End, my horror collection. Get some beta readers. This is 100% complete and now just needs to be edited again (and again, and again, and again…).
- Begin editing Lifetimes, the novel I’m focusing on right now. 0% I’m waiting until my beta readers get back to me, then I’m jumping into this one head first!
- Enter at least one competition or submit at least one article to a magazine. 0% Getting closer to achieving this goal! I have my magazine picked out. Now I need to edit, edit, edit!
- Read at least four books this month. 25% And working on another one!
These are things that don’t warrant a full post, but are definitely items I’d like you to check out if you’re interested.
- I finished Christopher Stocking’s book London Darkness: Infernal Inventions. If you like steampunk and a quick pace, consider checking it out!
- I got to see Karmin in concert! They were SO good. I also got their signatures on their album cover.
- That last surprise didn’t quite go official yet. But I’m hoping it will this week!