These are the daily goals that won’t change throughout the round.
- Exercise for half an hour each day, five days a week. 5/5 I’m noticing that running isn’t quite as difficult as it was a couple weeks ago. While this is a great thing, I’m thinking I’m either going to have to pick up the pace or start running for longer than my regular five minute increments. The weight continues to slowly, slowly come off. Can’t complain about that one.
- Edit or write every day. 7/7 I haven’t done a lot of writing, but I made sure that I did write each day. This goal has been adjusted so that either editing previous stories or creating new ones will count. I plan on spending a good amount of time editing for the next few weeks.
- Read one chapter every day. 7/7 Guys, GUYS. Guess what? I finished a book. I finally finished up the book critique that I did for a fellow writer. It was called Marty Boggs and the Curse of Kutkara’s Tomb. It’s a children’s book, but I liked it. It especially picked up around the halfway mark and I’m glad that I got to read it. I’m a third of the way through my next book, which is a good and quick read.
These are the goals that will change from week to week.
- Finish writing “Calling Card.” Done. This didn’t turn out quite how I imagined it the first time, but I think it has potential. It’ll need serious editing. My goal for this week is to edit story #1 in my collection.
- Pick one contest or one magazine I’d like to participate in for this month. Done. I chose an e-magazine to submit one of my better horror stories. I’m going to wait until I get to editing this story before I do anything more with this goal.
I like knowing what I want to accomplish over the course of this round, as that will help determine what my weekly goals will be.
- Finish The End, my horror collection. Get some beta readers. This is 100% complete and now just needs to be edited again (and again, and again, and again…).
- Begin editing Lifetimes, the novel I’m focusing on right now. 0% I’m waiting until my beta readers get back to me, then I’m jumping into this one head first!
- Enter at least one competition or submit at least one article to a magazine. 0% Getting closer to achieving this goal! I have my magazine picked out. Now I need to edit, edit, edit!
- Read at least four books this month. 25% The first book is down and the second is on its way!
These are things that don’t warrant a full post, but are definitely items I’d like you to check out if you’re interested.
- I don’t want to beat this over the head as it has been covered so much in the media and it’s such a tragedy, but my heart truly aches for the people who were killed or affected by the shooting that took place at the midnight showing of The Dark Knight Rises. As a frequent moviegoer, it had me questioning whether or not I wanted to see this film in theatres. But of course we can’t live our lives in fear. Anything could happen at any time. Trying to avoid all possibilities is panic inducing and would likely lead to a breakdown. I’m seeing the movie this morning and planning on enjoying every single second of it.
- That surprise I hinted at a couple weeks ago is slowly developing. I’m hoping by the next ROW check-in I’ll be able to reveal it.
- My friend Ddog over at Gamerscene has quite a project in the works. He wants to get one person to represent each state in the U.S. and then have each of us review the same movie. The project has potential and it’ll be really neat to see the results. It’s also a great way to connect with fellow bloggers. If you’re a regular movie blogger (or even if you’re not and you’re just interested) or know anyone who is, please check out this link.
- I went on another mushroom foray yesterday. Look for a post (and pictures!) on Friday.
- Here’s a picture to make you smile:
How did you guys do this week? Have you seen the new Batman film yet?