I’m going to apologize now for the fact that you’ll be getting three blog posts in a row from me. (This is because I was too lazy busy to put one up on Friday.) I have been trying out a new schedule, though, and I think I like it so far. I always have tons of ideas for posts, but I tend to write them at the last minute because I never know what I want to do first. This new schedule definitely keeps me on track, and I’m able to spread my content more evenly. Mondays are for entertainment – TV shows, movie reviews, music. Wednesdays are all about art, which includes the Wandering Bard posts. And Fridays are freebie days where I delve into some random and fun things, like my Featured Videos. And of course Sundays are always for ROW80.
This week was better than the last few I had, but I’m still feeling overwhelmed. It’s funny because I don’t feel like I’m doing a lot. But I think I have two sides of myself warring with each other. The creative side wants to write! And write a lot! She wants to keep writing and it doesn’t matter what it is – it doesn’t matter that I have nearly 3 projects “complete,” she wants to start new things. And the other side of me (the practical one, which doesn’t hold as much power but might be able to yell just a little louder) keeps prodding me in the back, telling me I need to finish editing, look for agents, get myself out there.
I gave into my creative side this week, and I think I’m going to do the same for next week. Hopefully it’ll allow me to relax a little bit and maybe get back on track with some of the other things my practical side wants me to do.
- Exercise for half an hour each day, five days a week. Incomplete. I did this three of the five days and even though I feel guilty, I’m not going to worry about it. Three is better than none. It’s been hot here lately, so I kind of wimped out on Thursday and Saturday (since I was busy Friday). Hopefully this week will be better.
- Each Sunday, visit Writer’s Market for at least half an hour. Incomplete. I knew I wasn’t going to do this one this week, so I don’t feel bad.
- Write Every Day. Incomplete. I missed Thursday and Friday, but I’ve been fairly pro-active on this new WIP I’m working on. It’s funny though, because I feel so into this story…but it’s just not coming out. I think I need a change in scenery. I hate being in the open and hearing cars driving down the road. Stick me in the middle of the woods and I could probably write all day.
- Read every day. Incomplete. I’ve been actively trying to do better with this, but it definitely got the better of me for a few days.
- Finish writing “Found” and then decide which stories definitely make the cut. Incomplete. Oops. I may have forgotten about this one…
So, even though technically I didn’t complete any of my goals, there’s still progress there. This coming week is a new one and I’m ready to get started on it! (Plus, three day weekend…hello!)