I’m going to warn you now: I did pretty much nothing this week. But it wasn’t because I didn’t want to! Life certainly got in the way and there was very little I could do about it. (You’ll notice I didn’t even get a blog post up on Friday…) But, on the upside, I got to spend quality time with friends and family and even attended a wedding. So, I’m just going to report on what I did get done and cut my losses. No use worrying about it now that it’s over!
- Exercise for half an hour each day, five days a week. Incomplete. I exercised Monday and Tuesday and then didn’t find any time during the rest of the week. If felt really good to get back on the treadmill, though, so I’m looking forward to this goal for this coming week. Listening to the sound track to Hercules (my favorite Disney movie) makes it a lot of fun, too!
- Each Sunday, visit Writer’s Market for at least half an hour. Done. This goal is getting harder to manage, as I feel totally lost right now. What do I need to be doing? How do I go about doing it? What’s a good choice to make? There’s a lot of helpful information out on the internet, but I think that’s part of the problem – there’s too much. What’s good advice for ME? It’s all very overwhelming. There’s got to be a Step-By-Step Guide for Idiots out there, right?
- Write every day. Incomplete. This happened only once – on Monday. I will do better this week!
- Read every day. Incomplete. I did it on Monday and that was it. I keep pushing this goal to the last minute (before bed) so sometimes I don’t feel like doing it. I think I need to move it up to an earlier time in the day.
- Decide what the last story in my horror collection is going to be and start writing it. Done. Actually, I came up with two new ideas and wrote one. I’m still working on the other. Some of the stories I’ve chosen for the collection don’t quite fit in with the style I’m going for. I’m not sure if this is a good thing (it breaks it up a little) or a bad thing (they just don’t belong). My next goal here is: Finish writing “Found” and then decide which stories DEFINITELY make the cut.
Here are some other things that have happened lately:
- I saw The Avengers and you should too.
- Karmin dropped their debut album and I could not be happier or more proud. Learn about them a bit more from this post (and note that I totally called that they’d be famous one day).
- It’s Mother’s Day! Happy Mother’s Day to all those moms out there – I hope it’s a good one for you. My Mom told me what I was doing for her today about a week ago (LOL), so we’re off to initiate her plans shortly.