This week was nuts!! Between just being super busy and trying to get ready for a weekend away, I didn’t have a whole lot of time to get things done. Hence getting this up a lot later than usual. But here’s what I managed to accomplish:
- Exercise for half an hour each day, five days a week. Incomplete. I did it Monday and Tuesday and didn’t find a second of time after that to do anything else. I’m going on a beach vacation in exactly two months, so there’s my motivation to make sure I get going on this goal from now till then.
- Each Sunday, visit Writer’s Market for at least half an hour. Complete. Whoo hoo! That’s two weeks in a row that I’ve gotten this done. And I’m definitely going to sit down tonight and go through some more e-mails. I really like some of the contests I’m finding. I’ve never entered a writing contest before, so this is something I’m really looking forward to.
- Write every day. Incomplete. I fell waaay off the bandwagon with this one, but I just didn’t have time to do it this week. The good news is that on the trip down and back I had two hours to work on my writing. I ended up reading a few of my stories out loud to my BFF, which allowed me to fix up some minor mistakes. It really helped though, and I’ve decided which ones I want to enter in the contest! She had already read these before, so I also read her a new story and part of the one that I’m writing specifically for her. And she liked them!
- Read every day. Incomplete. GUESS WHAT GUYS!? I finished Tiger’s Voyage finally, and I’ve started on a new book. Whoo hoo! It’s really good so far and she’s a new author, so I might end up doing a review of it. I only missed one day this week and that was because I just had zero time. Not bad at all, in my book.
- Finish my Cinderella story. Incomplete. I didn’t get a chance to work on this at all this week, but I’m hoping this coming week will give me enough time to finish it up. I’m going to be putting the final touches on the stories I want to enter into the contests, though, so that will be my main focus. As long as I stay organized, I think I’ll be able to finish this one up pretty well.
So, not a wonderful week because life definitely got in the way, but I didn’t mind so much. I feel like I know what I want to accomplish for this following week, and that’s the important thing. That and I got to see one of my other best friends for the first time since last year!
Oh, and this past week I also got VIP tickets to see Starkid on their Apocalyptour. I AM SO EXCITED. I have to travel to Maryland (five hours away), but it is TOTALLY worth it. Here’s the promo video for the tour. If you’ve never heard of Starkid before, make sure you look up some of their videos!
Have a happy ROW.