- Go to Writer’s Market at least three times a week. Incomplete. Most of the time I forget about this goal. Then when I do remember, I’m really not in the mood to do it. I feel guilty because I’m paying for the service and I really, really want to use it. I’m going to try to set aside some time today and look at more of the e-mails they’ve been sending me.
- Write at least four days a week. Done! I wrote SIX days this week. Well, technically I edited most of those days but it still falls underneath this category. I’m actually breaking this one down into writing for my short stories, writing background info for D1, and editing L1. I wrote 464 words this week on one of my short stories and then was completely involved in editing L1. I took the advice you guys gave me last time (thank you SO much, by the way) and gave up on the other project (for now). And how is editing L1 going, you may ask? Excellent! It’s so weird to be completely wrapped up in my own story. That hasn’t happened for a very long time in D1. I’m pretty particular when I edit, but I was finding that my first eight chapters are pretty good for having written them over the course of about a week. The book definitely still needs work, but I have high hopes for this project. My word count jumped just a little bit to 40,605 since January 1st.
- Exercise five days a week. Done! Wait, did you see that? Yep, that said DONE! Whoo hoo! I buckled down and concentrated on this particular goal this week. It really wasn’t bad and it felt really good to get back into it again. I also just bought a new DDR game, so I’m hoping that sort of wipes out the boredom factor. (Plus, it’s got a Spice Girls song on it, so you KNOW I’m going to be playing that one a lot!)
- Read every day. Done! Still working on Tiger’s Voyage. This book has so much potential, yet the author tends to drag things out and flip flop with emotions so much that it’s very wearing. I can’t wait to finish it just so I can move onto my next book. I hope the fourth one in the series (coming out in September) is much better.
- Blog at least three times a week, not including my ROW80 updates. Done! This is really becoming habit now, and I usually don’t have any trouble coming up with material to work with and staying on my MWF schedule. My only problem is having trouble switching up topics enough. Can’t wait for Monday’s post. It’s going to be fun.
There you have it! A pretty good week, if I so say so myself. I’m off to edit some more – I’m so excited! Isn’t that weird? Such a great feeling though.
Hope you’re all doing well this week, too!
(Oh, and that good news I was talking about last week? Well, I got one e-mail telling me I was being considered for this…thing. ( ) I think tomorrow I’ll find out if I got it or not. I’ll let you know!)