This week started out excellent, but pretty much ended in nothingness. I’m actually pretty okay with that, though. Even though I’m not sticking to my schedule as closely as usual, I’m finding myself more rested and more relaxed. I think that’s something that I’ve needed recently. Though I am behind on some of my goals, I’m going to make sure that I make everything up within the next few days. I still want to log in those hours and stay on top of what I’ve assigned for myself.
Here’s the breakdown:
- Research for at least half an hour each day. Incomplete. I’m behind two days (not including today) on this one. I do have some good news, though! I finished reading all of my writing books, and I’ve signed up for one month on Writer’s Market. I’m going to see how that goes and then decide whether I should stick with a subscription or not. It scares me to death to think that I’m at this point already – agents and publishers and queries, oh my! – but I’ve got to just move forward and try my hardest to do everything in my power to get this done. I am so over being afraid of moving forward into the unknown.
- Do a one hour writing sprint at least three times a week, working on the WIP. DONE! This one is so fabulous, you guys! The muse is beating me over the head with ideas and I just can’t step away from my WIP for more than a day. I’m very thankful that I’ve started this story (the sequel to my first novel, the second book in the trilogy) and that I know what I’m writing towards. Even though I really enjoyed writing down the last story that popped into my head, this series is my grand entrance (I hope) and it’s the one that I care about the most. Being able to write these characters again feels like I’ve finally come home after a really long vacation. I actually managed FIVE writing sprints this week, for a total of 10,380 words this week. That brings my total word count from January up to 35,404.
- Exercise for half an hour each day. Incomplete. I’m three days behind on this one (not including today), so I’ve got plenty to make up over the next week. I’m doing much better at eating right and trying to avoid snacking. I’m also starting to slowly lose a little more weight, so that should be some extra motivation to start getting back into my routine.
- Do at least one chapter of reading each night. Incomplete. I’m only behind one day on this one, so it’ll be really easy to catch up. I also promised the person I was beta reading for that I’d get it done sometime soon. Shouldn’t be a problem, and I’m excited to get back into it!
- Blog at least three times a week, not including my ROW80 updates. Done! I have a confession to make… I think I’m addicted to blogging. No, really. I’m starting to really enjoy this, and it’s so great when I can see some regular faces around here commenting and helping me out. I just started a new series called Wandering Bard (the first one took us to Italy) that I’m really excited about. I have all of these ideas swimming around in my head and I’m trying to include all of them on here. I like not defining my blog about one or two things, but being able to include all of my interests and passions into one place. I’ve also got some cool surprises coming up for all of you, so stick around for next week!
I had one of my own beta readers fall through, so I’m a little lost for what I should do. I was banking on her (an agented writer) to help me out with some tips for my MS, and now that I don’t have that resource, I’m floundering. She would’ve been the first “real” writer to look at it. I have a backup plan, though I just hope she doesn’t mind me pulling a favor from her. *ahem* (She’s probably reading this post…)