This week was like liquid gold. I only had one late night, but I still managed to get everything done. Some of my long term goals are wrapping up nicely, and I’m super excited to be moving on to the next step!
- Research for at least half an hour each day. Done! I’m almost finished with The Writer’s Market: Guide to Getting Published. There are some sections I’ve flown through, and others that just seem to drag. Not everything was relevant, but I’ve tried my best to take in all the information that was. I should be able to finish this within the next day or two. Next on my list is a pair of older books about writing that I borrowed from my boss. I don’t know how useful they’ll be (because of their age) but I’m going to at least skim the table of contents and read any sections that would apply to me.
- Do a one hour writing sprint at least three times a week, working on the WIP. Done! I pushed through the climax of the story this week. I’m not super happy with the result, but I know I’ll be able to clear that up in the editing process. I had an epiphany about the ending, so I finally know how to wrap everything up and finish the story. I’m only about a chapter or two away, so I hope that by this time next week I’ll be done! I wrote 4,973 words this week, bringing my total since January 1st up to 20,730.
- Exercise for half an hour each day. Done! I’ve met all of my requirements this week, and I even worked out for an hour on Tuesday, knowing I would be too busy on Wednesday. I’ve also been trying to eat better. I haven’t seen any good results yet, which is starting to get a wee bit frustrating, but I know that if I just stick to it, it’ll happen in time.
- Do at least one chapter of reading each night. Done! I’ve been doing a minimum of a chapter each night for the last week or two, but between the book’s pace finally picking up and having more time, I’ve been able to read a bit more. I actually finished this book last night (review coming soon) and I’m going to be starting a new one soon. I think the next one is going to be another advanced copy review. Yay!
- Blog at least three times a week, not including my ROW80 updates. Done! This is the one I am most proud of. Not only did I actually blog three times a week, but I blogged on a schedule! I got up the posts on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I was going to slack on Friday (that was my one late night this week), but I couldn’t break the record. So, I just dug in and posted, regardless of how tired I was.
This past week turned out to be tremendous. Goals aside, I now have one beta reader done with my novel. She likes it, she really likes it! The other two have started it, so I’m looking forward to their comments soon. I also received an advanced copy of a collection of poems, which I was incredibly excited for. The author offered to read over some of my short stories in exchange, and not only did she compliment me on my writing, but she gave me some really fantastic advice. I’m also going to start guest posting soon, and featuring a few other bloggers on here. Everything is so exciting!
Hope you all are having as much fun as I am. I’ll make the rounds today and say “Hi!” to a bunch of you.